May 11, 2010

Free and Clear

I wanted to give an update on my skin cancer status.  The pathology results came back as a basil cancer cell. 

The spot has been removed. Now I am healing up. 

The doctor said he got all of it.  But he still wants to do a follow up in 3 months to make sure.  It will look like I have a polio scar on my arm.  Hopefully a little Mederma will minimize that.

The thought of having skin cancer has left me utterly paranoid.  I feel like I walk around with a bottle of sunscreen in my hand all day.  Hubby has officially labelled me OCD on the sunscreen.

And I have a perfectly good reason.

There is a silver lining in all of this.  I get to have my varicose veins zapped.  The doctor did a test spot after removing said cancer spot.  It was the most unexpected feeling.  My leg started to cramp which he said was normal.  I'll then wait 2 weeks and if everything checks out, I'll get the others done.

I know every woman feels like she has a "problem area."  Mine are my legs and these varicose veins just makes them worse.  So for $200 I can have these unsightly things removed. 

And then I'll have beautiful vein free legs again. 

I guess that means I'll have buy a mini skirt.

7 comments:

Mike said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as an interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog Interviewer.

We'd like to give you the opportunity to give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can be submitted online here Submit your interview.

Best regards,
Mike Thomas

joven said...

hi, you have nice blog.. u can view also mine..http://akoniwares.blogspot.com

HaoG said...

Hi,

You've got a very nice blog. Sorry for the randomness. I couldn't find your email on the blog. My name is Howard. I'm currently an MBA student at National Taiwan University working on a cross-cultural master thesis on "Change in blogger motivations over the blogspan." If you have time, would you please help me fill out the survey in the following link. Your 10 mins will make a major contribution to my study.

In order to express my gratitude for your participation, A PRIZE DRAW FOR A "4G USB DRIVE" will be held once the research is finished. Sorry, I wish it's an iPad too. Thank you for all your kindness. I truly appreciate it!

If you have any question, please feel free to contact me at r97741063@ntu.edu.tw

Survey Link

Best Regards,
-Howard

LADYBUG said...

Thank you for sharing your life with us, some of believers can pray for you, I am glad the skin cancer was removed, and your legs will become beautiful again.

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine to,and be a follower..thanks and God bless..http://forlots.blogspot.com/