June 18, 2008

Simplifying Life

Life for the past month has been chaotic, unorganized and exhausting. And I can't for the life of me recall what I have been doing other than chasing a Tornado. A friend of mine used the phrase "unproductive chaos." I think that a great way to describe it.

My home, my thoughts and my emotions are a wreck. Everything is scattered that I can't find anything. I can't quite seem to get anything accomplished. I have had many sleepless nights for one reason or another. So all I have wanted to do is sleep when I get the chance (which is not that often).

Honestly, I'd loose my head if it wasn't attached. So I am trying to simplify my life...become more productive and a better home manager.

I have been reading alot of Simple Mom. This is a great blog and this post got all up in my business. Talk about an attitude adjustment. Plus, she has great tips on creating and managing an organized home. Here are some of them:

  1. Home Management Notebook
  2. Most Important Tasks
  3. Daily Docket
  4. Weekly Checklist

I have created a Home Managment Notebook in order to keep everything together: To Do lists, Plan for the day, Grocery list, Quiet Times etc. Before I had all of this things in so many different places scattered all around the house. It's no wonder I thought I was loosing my head.

1 comment:

Drue McLean said...

I am gonna check out the Simple Mom blog. I just read an awesome book about simplifying. It is breathe by keri wyatt kent. Check it out if you have time.

We are part of a Simple Living group in Baton Rouge. Not sure if I sent this to you or not:

http://simplelivingbr.blogspot.com/



Drue